CFO, Emerging Markets, DIFC
A small and highly dynamic boutique investment firm with a focus on emerging markets. The organisation is headquartered in DIFC and is comprised of a group of related companies located across the world. The focus of the firm is sourcing, structuring and selling global early-stage emerging markets.
The CFO will report to the CEO, and will oversee all Operations, Finance, including Cashflow Management, Accounting and Auditing requirements and related Operations and Administration functions for which support staff are already in place.
The CFO will also be the firm's key relationship manager with external Administrators (such as Trustees for Special Purpose Vehicles or companies) in Jersey, the UK and Luxembourg and also oversee back-office administrative support to the FCGL team in various interactions with clients, investors and third-party vendors.
In addition, the CFO will be responsible for representing FCGL in facing the DIFC regulator, the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA) in terms of overseeing a smooth functioning of quarterly, annual and ad hoc regulatory reporting requirements in conjunction with FCGL global compliance competencies in the UAE and USA.
You will receive some on-the-job training in understanding complex financial transactions but is expected to bring significant accounting and financial management experience with respect to cash and derivatives instruments to the company.
You will be based in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and will be expected to work from the office. Some travel outside of the UAE is expected.
In more detail, the CFO will:
* Manage an existing team of two staff (Senior Operations manager and one (or two) Finance officers.
* Work very closely with the portfolio management and risk team to ensure a seamless integration of the
* Assets & Liabilities (ALCO) management, cash flow, liquidity, etc.
* Manage and own the relationship with the directors and teams of issuing companies
* Liaise with the accounting teams (in-house and outsourced) of some of the subsidiaries;
* Produce, develop, monitor and manage group budgets & forecasts, and update group policies when required.
* Manage the treasury function (liquidity & cash) across all group entities.
* Prepare dashboards and management reporting on a regular or, as needed, ad-hoc basis
The Candidate: * Chartered Accountant (CA) / Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent job experience. * Understanding of IFRS and revenue recognition for financial instruments. * Experience and/or educational background in accounting in fixed income and structured products and swaps gained in an established commercial/investment bank/investment manager, chartered accountancy firm or audit firm. * Experience and/or educational background in accounting/bookkeeping, financial analysis and/or controller essential. * Previous experience in auditing or experience working with auditors. Salary and Benefits: * 40-45k DOE