A Chief Accountant will lead the Finance department and associated operations such that account management, purchasing, reporting, and supplier relations are managed to optimise the hotels profitability.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that Finance teams are providing all required management reports.
2. Work with the General Manager to provide full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotel.
3. Source and purchase all the necessary materials for the day to day operation of the hotel ensuring best quality and best prices.
4. Develop the financial accounting system and control procedures and continually review the process and procedures to maximise impact and efficiency.
5. Ensure the balance sheets are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotel.
6. Lead monthly finance update meetings with the general manager.
7. Assist Heads of the Department to do their duties efficiently by promptly providing them with their requirements.
8. Maintain professional relationship with all suppliers and vendors to ensure a smooth hotel operation
To successfully fill the role of Chief accountant, you should maintain the following: 1. A degree in Finance from an academic institution. 2. Previous experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role where you demonstrated great management, organisational and planning skills. 3.Negotiation and influencing skills. 4. Positive attitude and excellent communication skills