The women’s Protection and Empowerment capacity building Officer will be responsible for training activities aimed at improving the capacity of WPE staff implementing WPE & GBV prevention and response activities. The WPE capacity building Officer will design and implement trainings on GBV, Protection and any other needed topics, also will assist with general programmatic responsibilities and administrative as needed, and attend relevant meetings and workshops when assigned.
- Conduct training need assessment for WPE staff and other staff from IRC sectors and partners to identify capacity \ trainings needs and gaps.
- Regularly communicate identified capacity and training gaps and needs to the line manager.
- Contribute on developing a training plan in close with WPE senior capacity building officer and WPE manager.
- Plan coordinate and deliver relevant protection, WPE and GBV related trainings to WPE staff and IRC’s partners
- Support community engagement.
- Support in developing the program tools.
- Enhance the integration modality within the WPE and other departments.
- Assiss in developing and adapt training materials (handouts, presentations, etc.) and tools to monitor effectiveness of trainings, including pre and post-tests; Work on updating training material, modules and tools, develop facilitation guides, etc as requested
- Closely support and liaise with the supervisors of health workers of partner organization.
- Carry out pre- and post-questionnaires and evaluations tomeasure the quality of the trainings and their impact. Support other M&E efforts as requested. Carry the attitude assessments with health staff throughout the programme to understand if trainings support staff in integrating GBV response into their clinical work.
- Ensure all training and capacity building activities are carried out in accordance with IRC polices and procedure.
- Ensure that all necessary requirements for successful training sessions are prepared in a timely manner in coordination with the Manager and Admin Assistant.
- Coordinate and organizing logistics for training.
- Provide support to the development and implementation of community engagement and outreach strategies, plan and activities.
- Support with the development or revision of guideline and resources used for awareness raising sessions and information dissemination activities and provide needed awareness sessions in the community.
- Compile and timely submit reports related to training activities
- Conduct regular coaching and mentoring sessions with local partner staff and mobilize other IRC’s team members to provide technical input and expertise.
- Ensure proper documentation of all training and capacity building session, keep track of the attendance sheets, and prepare reports as required
- Coordination, follow up with WPE staff to have strong referral pathway.
- Other duties as assigned by the WPE Manager to enable and develop IRC programs.
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to The IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to:Senior WPE Capacity Building Officer
Indirect/Technical Reporting: Senior WPE Manager
Position directly Supervises: N/A
Key Internal Contacts: Integrated Protection Coordinator, Senior WPE Manager,WPE Manager, Senior PRoL Manager, Senior Child Protection Manager.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field (e.g. social work, sociology, psychology, law)
- At least 2 years professional technical experience including a minimum of 1 year implementing Protection programs in emergency/conflict contexts. Direct experience in any of the IRC protection program streams is an advantage
- Good knowledge of protection minimum standards for humanitarian action
- Excellent interactive training and facilitation skills that focus on using technology based learning approach.
- Good communication skills including ability to gain trust and establish relationships with new communities
- Demonstrated understanding of working with vulnerable groups in humanitarian setting
- Previous experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff preferred
- Personal qualities: Great teammate, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well
- High standard of spoken and written Arabic and English
- computer skills including Microsoft Word Experience in regular report writing.
- The staff should be willing to be based in the field with regular travel among IDP camps and host community and must be a Syrian citizenship, Where possible occasionally travel to IRC's office in Turkey.
All /IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies