A new opportunity has come up with a large and established organization based in Dubai. Our client is currently looking for an IT Portfolio Manager who will establish and manage the IT portfolio management practice including framework, policies, procedures and processes.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Establishes and manages the IT portfolio management practice including framework, policies, procedures and processes
• Manages GIT strategic investments and priorities
• Plans and develops the annual IT budget
• Monitors financial spend on projects, resources and technology to maximize return on investment
• Manage one or more portfolios (groups of projects or programs);
• Align programs, projects and operations to strategic objectives
• Measure, rank and prioritize programs and projects.
• Manages the technology investment portfolio.
• Reviews investment strategy, to identify new opportunities, and recommends changes in investments to manage risk and generate acceptable rate of return.
• Studies and monitors investment performance and trends that may impact the portfolio.
• Manages and report the benefits realization measurement for each investment portfolio.
• Participate and effectively contribute to the transformation and change management planning for all strategic initiatives.
• Participate and effectively contribute to technology strategy development and management activities.
• Lead the IT portfolio management practice including framework, policies, procedures and processes.
• Participate and effectively contribute to the development of the architectural vision and the strategic technology planning.
• Participate and effectively contribute to the identification of real and potential risks emerging from organizational structure or process changes, technologies, or new activities to appropriately devise strategies that turn these risks into opportunities.
• Explore new and emerging technologies to create strategies to adopt these technologies and position GIT as an enabler to company’s business units.
• Manage and report on IT strategy financial spending.
• Oversee the development of IT strategy initiatives TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and ROI (Return on Investment).
• Formulate workforce planning reports and talent acquisition plans.
• Set performance management objectives for all reportees and perform mid-year and year-end performance reviews.
• Manage the team’s productivity to achieve the set KPIs and service levels.
• Develop and coach the team to enhance their knowledge, skills, and performance
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria: Education: • Degree: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, computer engineering, information technology or equivalent. • MBA or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems is preferable. • Preferred professional certifications. Experience: • 10+ years of Information Technology experience. • 3+ years of relevant working experience. • Working experience in multiple industries (e.g. Oil & Gas, Energy, Utilities, Retail, Government) is preferable. • Working experience in project portfolio management practice • Working experience in investment management practice • Excellent knowledge in developing technology strategies and roadmaps. • Excellent knowledge in digital transformation and change management. • Excellent knowledge in performance management. • Excellent knowledge in new technology trends (e.g. IoT, Blockchain, Big Data, AI) • Good knowledge in enterprise architecture practice. Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office