Very exciting Accounting role has been created in a rapidly growing e-commerce business, whose parent company is in Europe. This company focuses on hiring the right person for their business, rather than a particular set of rigid experience.
Personality wise, this role would suit someone who is highly versatile, an ‘out of the box’ thinker who is prepared to help outside their normal daily duties, someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset, and willing to take complete ownership of the job. The role would be ideal for someone with just a few years’ experience in an accounts department and is keen to grow quickly.
This role will handle all the accounting / bookkeeping for the company, and will report to the Finance Manager. The successful candidate must ensure the integrity of Company’s accounting information by overseeing all components of the general ledger. Also be responsible for assisting with preparation of financial reports in accordance with IFRS. The successful candidate will be required to perform all routine activities for the day to day operations of the company.
• Assist with preparing monthly financial statements to include the monthly balance sheet, income statement and report on changes in financial position/budget variances and maintain related records.
• Handle inventory accounting responsibilities - maintaining records for receipt and withdrawal of stock items
• Keep accurate records for items that have been received and entered into the system.
• Coordinate AP/AR with global 3rd party vendors such as Amazon
• Maintain the general ledger to include the preparation of journal entries, account analysis, and reconciliation, closing books monthly and setting up new accounts.
• Responsible for petty cash, AP and AR and banking activities
• Ensure compliance with IFRS
• Work with the compliance teams to ensure correct processes have been followed
• Prepare documents for annual external audit
• Provide financial analytical reports and KPI to management
• Handle all VAT
Salary: AED 10,000 to 12,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.