SEL invents, designs, and builds digital products and systems that protect power grids around the world. This technology prevents blackouts and enables customers to improve power system reliability and safety at a reduced cost. A 100 percent employee-owned company headquartered in Pullman, Washington, SEL has manufactured products in the United States since 1984 and now serves customers worldwide. Our mission is simple: to make electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical.
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) is looking for a highly motivated Accountant to join our accounting team in Dubai office and play a vital role in the accounting operations. The ideal candidate will be responsible for preparing bank reconciliations, coordinating fiscal audits, possessing strong knowledge of accounts payable and receivable, and having proven expertise in creating and analyzing liability, asset, and capital accounts. You should be well-versed in accounting and financial reporting principles and procedures. This is the opportunity for you if you're looking to join a diverse team and assist business operations while working for a fast-growing global company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision:
• Perform account analysis and reconciliations including preparation of journal entries.
• Assist with research and planning according to current tax laws and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Assist in performing month end close or in the preparation of various tax returns.
• Maintain and reconcile fixed asset or other records.
• Assist or lead special projects.
• Prepare and analyze financial results of division and/or subsidiary operations for management review.
• Assist in preparation of budgets, product cost analysis and other analysis.
• Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
An Award Winning Company:
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) is a growing multi-national company with more than 5,000 employees globally and has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world. SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Required Qualifications: • B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting or Finance • Motivated, self-directed • Experience with Excel Preferred Qualifications: • C.P.A., C.M.A., or Masters Degree • Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment • Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning or Tax systems • Project, tax, and/or cost accounting experience